Saturday 18 August 2012

5 text messages a day limit

The indian govt today limited the number of text messages, anyone in the entire country can send, to 5 a day!  Seems like a good place to start my Set India Free blog that I've been thinking about for a while.  Despite being a democracy and a great, crazy one at that, India is far from being a free country, particularly economically.  The number of regulations and control on every aspect of life, has been somewhat of a shock since i moved here.  For instance, on the same day that I couldn't send any more text messages, I tried and failed to obtain my Alcohol Licence - that is a licence needed in order to consume alcohol.  No joke.  More on that in my next post. 

1 comment:

  1. didnt you know sending more than 5 sms in a day gives you brain cancer??!! *tut*tut*
    same goes for Alcohol License applications too !!

    (*raises her glass of brandy* cheers to your long , healthy , happy life *happy slurp*)

    ReplyDelete